pondělí 27. prosince 2010

How to solve wifi issue on Thinkpad x201

UPDATE: see my latest post about this issue - how to uninstall registry modification patch which probably screw up wifi adapter power settings on your lenovo here: http://bbone99.blogspot.cz/2012/12/registry-patch-to-enable-maximum-power.html

Problem as described on Lenovo discussion forum:
04-29-2010 11:04 PM
My X201 tablet is persistently loosing the wifi connection.  The situation is as follows:
1. I am at home with a stable reliable wifi connection working normally
2.  The light indicating wifi turns itself off an I loose the connection
3. I try to turn it on through fn+F5 but it does not respon
4. I have downloaded all the drivers for wireless I have found on the lenovo page.  The problem is still here.
Please, any help????
Jaume
Solution:
12-27-2010 01:48 AM
Hi, after hours of observations and reinstallations, I probably found the trick which is in Advanced power settings - Wireless Adapter settings - it is set to Maximum Power Savings as default and needs to be changed to Maximum Performance
you can see some screenshots on my blog here: http://bbone99.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-solve-wifi-issue-on-thinkpad.html
Hope this helps you to solve this issue. But don't forget to check other power settings mentioned in this discussion as well (on page 2)
======================screenshots
1) Control panel / Power settings
image
2) Change Advanced settings
Wireless Adapter Settings / Power Saving mode – both options to Maximum Performance
image

0 komentářů:

hledej.me » Tykač

Google
 

počet návštěv blogu za posledních 7 dní

Oblíbené příspěvky

hledej.me